Send via SMS

28.3.06

Five Terrible Things About Doing Forty Minutes On The Treadmill Every Bastard Morning

"Nothing’s ever gonna happen ‘round here if we don’t make it happen. Sleep away the day if you want to, but I got something that I gotta do."

1. I have to turn my iPod up to ear-splitting volume because really, nothing says "you fat bastard," like the sound of two-hundred and twenty pounds bouncing up and down on a treadmill. They can probably hear me in the next state.

2.There's nothing fun about being fairly sure one or both of your lungs just imploded.

3. They may not show it, but those Mexican gardeners are laughing at me.

4. The only way I can feel good about myself is by imagining sports experts on some mythical show wondering if somebody will one day run an eleven minute mile.

5. It fucking hurts.

5 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

Keep it up Michael! Your blog helped inspire me to quit smoking, which I've done for about 9 days, and I was at 220 pounds in December... I'm hoverin around 190 right now. I basically changed my diet and quit drinking, and tried to be more active from day to day. This actually helped inspire me and give me some perspective as well: The Fat Man Walking.

Keep it up! I may mention my progress on my blog at some point too.

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahaha *snorts* Hahahaha I think you should try spin. :0| No really, give it a shot, its MUCH easier than the tread mill. *smirks*

7:12 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I'm up to 22 days on the smoking, Dan, and I've lost just under ten pounds since I started this whole kick. I'm eating more healthily than I used to, if not exactly surviving on salads, and I only drink on Saturdays.

I hate all of these things.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I've felt that pain dude - It took me years, but I've come to realize that those people that gop around saying how much they love to exercise and that it feel so darn good are out fo their freakin' mind. Unfortunately, exercise is one of the necessary evils.

4:52 AM  
Blogger PMK said...

Yes, but don't forget that your weight has to be in proportion to your height. And you ARE 8 feet tall...

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home