Send via SMS

9.3.06

Brief Babble

"The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this notion rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any."

Believe it or not, I'm experiencing some dull days this week. The suck of it is that Jenn's at work from six until two weekdays and at class from four until seven on Thursdays, so I've spent every day since Tuesday amusing myself on the computer. This might sound like a big bundle of fun, but it's kind of frustrating because what I really want to do is write, and as long-time readers will know, that becomes an issue when you combine it with the cigarette thing. Right now, it's three days since I quit, and I'm through the worst of the withdrawal. What's causing me a problem now is the psychological aspect of quitting, which makes it really hard at times when I would ordinarily have a cigarette. I smoke most when sat at the PC writing. In fact, it's fair to say I smoke like a fucking chimney when sat at the PC writing.

I will get started on the novel...I will get started on the novel...I will get started on the novel.

I'm really struggling for shit to say here, and there's this mirage of a pack of Marlboro and an ashtray in my peripheral vision. And my teeth hurt.

Stick a fork in me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were you actually writing this at 5:04 in the ante meridiem, Mr. O'Mahony?

8:50 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

*Mumbles something about not switching over to California time yet*

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home