Send via SMS

21.3.06

New Depths

"What the hell is your name, and can you explain this mess? It seems you're playing a game, where you only know how to take out the best. 'Cause if assholes could fly, this place would be busier than O'Hare. There's proof in the sky. It's as thick as our skulls yet it's thinner than air."

I see they're referring to Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes as 'Tomkat' now. I have to tell you, dear readers, that makes my teeth itch. To be fair, this celebrity-couples-with-one-name thing has been bothering me for a while, but I think I'm about to go over the high side.

'Cause here's the thing: I hate celebrity. I hate celebrity couples. I thought 'Bennifer' was the stupidest thing I'd ever heard when they coined it to describe the horror of Ben 'Two Facial Expressions' Affleck's ten second engagement to a woman whose chief contribution to society is having a fat arse. I thought 'Brangelina' was the name of a new charity where disadvantaged kids get adopted by the kind of mother that likes knives, blood, kissing her siblings, and Billy Bob Thornton, and the kind of father that could be in Meet Joe Black. And now, as if the diminutive Mr. Scientology and the oddly-mouthed talent-void we call Katie Holmes weren't bad enough separately, they have - like some kind of twisted Power Rangers baddie - combined to create...Tomkat.

And people will care, and people will use the term to describe them, and my disdain for the human race will plumb new depths. Because if there's one thing I hate more than celebrity couples and celebrity magazines, it's people who buy into them. That right there is a religion even Scientology could look at and go, "Wow, that's damaging to society."

5 Comments:

Blogger PMK said...

Mike, Jenn, If I ever use these names in normal conversation, (as opposed to ripping the shit out of their patheticness) I'll personally pay for you to fly back over here and shoot me in the head.

If there's one thing that worse than the people themselves, it's the fucking fawning over them that the tabloids do, making them feel 'accepted'. Just be thankful you don't get Heat Magazine over there..

10:33 AM  
Blogger jennifer said...

yeah, and the baby can't see its mom for like the first few hours. that make sense, right? i mean, a mother and child don't need that little thing called bonding or anything.

sheesh. what a bunch of freaks.

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennike! Jennike! Sorry. I'm an utter cunt.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Saved me saying it. :)

6:42 PM  
Blogger PMK said...

"yeah, and the baby can't see its mom for like the first few hours. that make sense, right?"

Of course, they have to check it for the birthmark that signifies it's the reincarnation of Hubbard. You've seen the opening of End of Days, right??

Hang on, what am I saying?

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home