Send via SMS

7.4.06

Vin Diesel, Pool Cleaner

"I may be soft in your palm, but I'll soon grow hungry for a fight, and I will not let you win."

It's always awesome when the day starts with good news. I crawled out of bed at seven this morning to find the TV dominated by talk of Bush and CIA leaks. But that wasn't the good news. No, I am immune to politics these days, and I simply switched it off and went to do some work on the novel until it came time to drag my sorry carcass down to the gym for another round of Michael vs. The Treadmill. When I got there, though, a man who looked worryingly like Vin Diesel was draining the swimming pool, and the gym was locked.

But that wasn't the good news, either. The folks that run this apartment complex can be tardy, whereas I, as anyone that knows me will tell you, am terrifyingly punctual. So, rather than waiting for someone to come and unlock the door, I decided to go and collect the mail. And there, sitting in our box, were Notices Of Action for the EAD (Employment Authorisation...uh...Document, I think) and the AOS (Adjustment Of Status). The NOAs don't mean a huge amount, but they do confirm that we filled out the relevant application forms correctly, and mean the USCIS are now back to processing my case. The next thing I should receive is my biometrics appointment, where they'll take my fingerprints, photograph, and signature, and shortly after that, I should be allowed to work.

Emphasise should. No way in hell am I getting my hopes up about anything that depends on the USCIS.

Anyway, that was the first piece of good news. The second came about an hour and twenty minutes later when, stripping off my soaking clothes after another bout of breathless swearing and shrieks of pain in the gym, I spied myself in the mirror. A double-take later, I was taking a closer look, muttering, "My God, is that muscle?"

There's something under the flab after all. Who knew?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Vin Diesel has always been able to find Waldo, except for one time. He found himself stumped on the last page of Where's Waldo Now? He threw the book down and screamed, 'This is BULLSHIT! They're all wearing shoes.'

He then proceeded to eat the book and exclaim, 'IF I CAN'T FIND WALDO, THEN NO ONE CAN!' The book he ate belonged to a child that he had borrowed it from. The child began to cry and Vin ate him for good measure.

The incident has since been referred to as Christmas."

True story.

P.S. - Behind Chuck Norris' beard there is another fist.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

abs? We'll definately be needing a picture to confirm this. With Jenn's blessings of course.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Ahaha...if I ever have abs, I promise you this is turning into a photoblog.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious post and congratulations on your good news. Great blog.

And nice touch with that Fiona Apple verse... :)

5:24 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

ABS? What are those? Never heard of them before, certainly never seen 'em either, at least not on me.

All the best with the INS and moving forward.

6:39 AM  
Blogger PMK said...

Haha, Gotya. Remember that photoshop I did of you? The one you deleted? Twice?

I simply had Jenn blow that up and glue it to the mirror in your Gym...

bwa-ha-ha..etc...

10:50 AM  
Blogger PMK said...

Even Mikey can't ignore the power of wistful nostalgia

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home