Send via SMS

14.4.06

Waiting For A Highway Kiss

"Whiplash caught the silver son, took the film to number one, crashed the car and left us here. Broken glass for teenage boys, trapped in steel and celluloid, crashed the car and left us here."

This post comes courtesy of the fact I'm too distracted to pay the blog much attention at the moment. I'm not much of an art person, but I've been struck recently by the work of a couple of painters, and I thought I'd share them with you. The first picture is 'Waiting', by California artist William Wray, one of a series of quite awesome urban landscapes you can find on his site. The second is 'Highway Kiss', by Andrew Valko, who doesn't seem to have his own site. If you like that one, though, Googling his name will yield results aplenty.

3 Comments:

Blogger animalfamily said...

i like the first painting "Waiting". advertising is always full of bright happy images but it just does not translate to reality, which is usually a little bit grey, a litle bit sad. the artist captures the mood brilliantly.

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prefer the Highway Kiss but I think that's because of the use of shades of blue. Very filmscape for some reason.

5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm.. John Major grey. Nice.

I liked that artwork. Shit, could we have found something we have similar taste in? Check out Pauline Boty.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home