Send via SMS

8.9.06

A Thrilling Post

"And it rained all night and then all day; the drops were the size of your hands and face. The worms come out to see what's up. We pull the cars up from the river."

One nice thing about being back in full time employment: I have rediscovered the value of days off. It's easy to lose when you spend six months doing nothing, let me tell you.

So today was the Big Day as far as my future at Target goes. As usual when it comes to these interview situations, I'm pretty sure I acquitted myself admirably. Jenn drove me to the monstrous Target in La Habra, where I met with the District Team Leader to discuss my past and future exploits before she packed me off to my 'A' interview ('B' interview to follow at some point in the future, apparently) with Kevin, the store manager. He seemed a personable enough chap, and we got along well, which left me free of worry and able to elaborate on my answers with various amusing anecdotes from my customer service past. It went well. I liked him, and he clearly liked me, going so far as to say that if it was his decision, my promotion would be a done deal.

So it appears that my next step will be a slight revision of my current role to include more coaching designed to push me up into a supervisory position, at which point I will go and attend a 'Business College' (I'm pretty sure that's a euphemism for some kind of in-store theory training rather than a McDonalds University-esque shambles) for some six weeks before being launched into my new role. I don't know, at this point, what form this new role will take, but I'm not particularly worried about it. I get the impression there will be time and opportunity to shape my own destiny.

A thrilling post, I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home