Send via SMS

29.6.06

Climate Control

"Catch the sun before it's gone. Here it comes, up in smoke and gone."

It's quite warm in Southern California. Google reckons it's ninety-two degrees, but I'd be inclined to guess a little higher. After all, I doubt anybody from Google was down in a gym that has air conditioning as lame as the one I was in this morning. Even the pool was warm. I also doubt anybody from Google had to walk to Target and back, carrying nine litres worth of soda on the return journey. It sure felt like a little more than ninety-two degrees then, I assure you.

This is probably my one bitch about SoCal. I'm sure I'll become accustomed to it, but you can never be comfortable in this kind of heat, no matter who you are. On the aforementioned trip to the supermarket earlier, I was cotton-mouthed and soaked with sweat five minutes after leaving the house. That's silly hot, and - as it's not even July yet - I think it's safe to say that it's going to get hotter.

If I had any doubts about going north at some point in the near future, I've a feeling my first SoCal summer is going to lay them to rest.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The two years I lived in Phoenix were similarly uncomfortable - I'd open the front door of my nice, air-conditioned house only to feel as if I'd just opened a pre-heated oven and decided to walk right inside. Except ovens aren't blindingly bright. Good luck.

3:24 AM  
Blogger PMK said...

Even though it's probably nowhere near as warm as over there, it's been a fucking scorcher over here lately. Got up to the low 30's today and it's getting warmer tomorrow. Wouldn't be so bad if I didn't work outside in heavy black trousers and have to deal with indecisive morons all day.

Oh well, off to Gran Canaria on monday..

Hi Ana

10:30 AM  
Blogger John said...

Reason number 92 to move to Alaska . . .

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home