Send via SMS

13.6.06

Best Laid Plans

"If I get old, I will not give in. But if I do, remind me of this."

Well, fuck. Best laid plans and all that. My EAD (That's Employment Authorisation Document) came in the mail yesterday. The Interview date for my AOS (That's Adjustment Of Status) came on Saturday. This means we are now into my final week of sloth. Yes, four months of doing pretty much nothing are about to come to an end.

Christ, I thought this was never going to happen. As much fun as it is to sit home lazily browsing the interweb or watching crap daytime TV or even writing, our financial situation and the lack of freedom that not being a proper resident brings have resulted in this awful claustrophobic feeling I'll be glad to see the back of. I can get a social security number now, and a social security number means I can get pretty much everything else.

The only thing worrying me now is that final interview. It should be fine, but this is the toughest interview of all, the one we both have to attend, bringing with us as much proof of our relationship as we can possibly find. The one where they ask all the awkward questions. Yup, this is the make or break interview. Once we get through it (and I can't see any reason why we wouldn't), I'll have my green card, and this whole saga will be over for a couple of years.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Cheesecake Factory Day!

10:16 AM  
Blogger PMK said...

Just remember her date of birth, name of cat, inside leg and any distinguishing marks and you'll be as right as rain.

Oh, and her name. remember her name. That one always confuses the hicks...

2:51 PM  
Blogger PMK said...

Just remember her date of birth, name of cat, inside leg and any distinguishing marks and you'll be as right as rain.

Oh, and her name. remember her name. That one always confuses the hicks...

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home