Send via SMS

31.5.06

Promises, Promises

"My baby's pretty as a car crash, subtle as a splinter. Yeah, my baby's smooth as sandpaper, warm just like the winter."

I've fulfilled last week's fiction promise with a new story, The Reassuring Weight Of Closure, now playing at Flashing In The Gutters. It's not erotica, but it's not for the kids, either. Go read, it's the first new thing I've written in a while.

And just so this isn't the shortest post ever, I thought I might share some of the music that's currently keeping me sane. Some of it's recent, some of it's not. Any track that's a link can be listened to/downloaded.

1. Good Weekend - Art Brut
2. Sabotage - Beastie Boys
3. Suffer Well - Depeche Mode
4. Wooden Nickels - Eels
5. Lolita - Elefant
6. Saturday - Go Betty Go
7. Are You Gonna Be My Girl? - Jet
8. Club Foot - Kasabian
9. London Beckoned Songs About Money Written By Machines - Panic! At The Disco
10. Little Razorblade - The Pink Spiders
11. Modern Swinger - The Pink Spiders
12. Ghostwriter - RJD2
13. Much Against Everyone's Advice - Soulwax
14. Paranoia Cha-Cha-Cha - The Soviettes
15. MakeDamnSure - Taking Back Sunday
16. Nowhere - Therapy
17. Anti - The Vandals

4 Comments:

Blogger Karl Bakla said...

Panic At the disco that is the worst band to ever come out of Las Vegas, well them & the Killers.

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto - above comment. Although The Killers are passably entertaining.
But. Panic at the Disco are trash. You know at the GIAN gig over here in London - Brendan had to get someone to work his pedals for him? I guess multi-tasking is hard for a 'rockster' eh? If you can't play your instrument - get the fuck off our stage.
Ok - now the rant is over ;)

Did you check out Secret Machines? I linked to them once in my text. Looking at some of the stuff you're listening to I reckon you might go a bundle on them. They're kinda space rock cum shoegaze with a heavy guitar influence and amazing drums.

Pink Spiders twice eh?

3:46 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Dunno why everyone's so down on Panic. I try not to be a snob about these things, and hell, at least they're a little different from all these identikit bands that are so huge at the moment (Fall Out Boy etc). Same with The Pink Spiders. Now they've expressed a desire to take over the world and have a video on MTV, suddenly people are like, oh, they're a pop band. From what I've heard, they were always a pop band.

In the end, I just like what I like. Hell, even when I was being down on The Arctic Monkeys, I tried to make it clear that I was talking about marketing more than music.

I will check out the Secret Machines. As we speak, I'm adding them to my list of things I should listen to. It's a long list, though.

5:30 PM  
Blogger John said...

I like Jet. Can't find the CD since I moved. 18 months ago.

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home