Send via SMS

22.1.06

The Other Shoe

"I’m on fire, and now I think I'm ready to bust a move. Check it out, I’m rocking steady to the beat in my head. It goes oh, oh, oh, oh."

These extremes are going to be the end of me. Boredom to despair to crazed excitement to horrified anticipation. All this since I last posted. Still, the arrival of an interview date has put paid to despair for the forseeable future, and now that I can finally see a horizon, everything seems that little bit easier. Witness the boy sitting calmly at his keyboard, sipping hot chocolate and multi-tasking, smiling all the while. It seemed unthinkable a week ago.

So, I've given my notice at Blockbuster, and I'll be out of that hellhole on February 8th. The 9th is my interview date. If all goes well (and right now I'm not even considering any other possibility), I intend to fly one-way to California on the 23rd. It'll be a month of waiting for the other shoe to drop, I'm sure, but anything's better than the waiting we've been going through since last June.

Relief, happiness, mild hysteria. Expect Notes From A Darkened Room to regain its sense of humour in the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home