Send via SMS

16.1.06

The Great Bag Search Of '06

"For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."

One of the things my employers occasionally get a bee in their bonnet about is making sure we do bag searches on all the staff at the end of the night. Generally, we don't but say we did. Tonight, however, we were early finishing and needed to kill some time, so we decided to go ahead and check everyone's bags. When it came to my turn, I opened up my rucksack without even thinking about what was inside.

Whoops.

I could have explained that the pills were prescribed for the stomach upset that's been troubling me lately, and I could have noted that the bottle of Jack was unopened and intended for personal use later on. I could have, yes. But the look of horror on the face of the girl who was bag-searching me was more than I could resist.

"Well, slitting your wrists looks like it really hurts," I said.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have shared this one particular entry with so many folks. Your humour is so understated, I love it.

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home