Send via SMS

3.2.05

Uninspired

"Lover, lover, let's pretend we're born as innocents, cast into the world with apple eyes to wish, wish dangerous. My dear delirious to try and leave the rest of us behind. Shot full of diamonds and a million years, the disappointed disappear like they were never here."

Back from a mini-holiday in Bedford with little to report save a second interview with the home entertainment company. That'll happen on Friday, and I'm more than a little confident of them offering me a half-decent position, as the HR guy on the phone today pronounced himself 'extremely impressed' with the way I presented and carried myself during last week's assessment. I'm really hoping so at this point. I just want something I can do without too much stress that actually earns me some money. That said, even if I was still doing an absolutely rubbish job, the fact that I'm not drinking or smoking is saving me somewhere in the region of £200 a month.

That financial benefit is easily the most influential of the secondary reasons for my sudden and violent departure from the world of booze and cigarettes. At this point, I'm looking to basically live at an absolute financial minimum so that I can blow off all my debts and cut ties to whatever companies and state institutions currently have a hold over me. I'm completely sick of writing letters and juggling accounts and lying to people on the phone. I want out of that, and I want out of it soon. Without going into the details of my debts, which are a bunch of little small ones rather than anything major, I reckon I could be looking at a balance sheet coloured a healthy green by September if I followed through with the commitment to making changes I've demonstrated in January.

And I'm blogging about debt. Jesus, I suck. The absence of entries is down to the search for a job crowding out much of my free time. What little I do get is generally eaten up by the worryingly addictive Football Manager '05 and the wonderfully addictive Jennifer. I've been working on a post about movies I like, though, and I should get that up tomorrow. Beyond that, I have no clue what's coming, but I'm sure I'll think of something. Hell, I'll even open it up to you guys. Got something you want me to blog about? E-mail me. If anybody comes up with something that seems like fun, I'll do it. And hey, you'll get a mention on a blog read by approximately eighteen people. How can you resist?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home