Send via SMS

6.10.06

Winging It

"Come ride with me through the veins of history. I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job."

I hope you all enjoyed that little trip into fictions past. We'll shortly be moving on to fictions future. But first, an update.

Target made me an official job offer today. It was, financially speaking, well in excess of my expectations. In fact, it wasn't far away from being roughly double my expectations, which was a pleasant surprise. I'm waiting for a confirmation e-mail from the district office, and then I'll be off to Target School for a while, which promises to be nothing if not interesting. It has, after all, been almost ten years since I've had to think about taking notes and getting my homework in on time, and I wasn't much good at it then.

There are fun times ahead, I can feel it in my water.

Meanwhile, the promised NFADR-exclusive novella is almost at the stage where I put fingertip to keyboard. I intend to approach this one in the same manner I approached Lanterns And Shades, that is writing and posting first drafts edited only for copy. I'm not sure how long it's going to be, and I don't yet have a title, but I'll be covering some of my thoughts regarding the sci-fi genre and this story in particular as my next post, which should serve as a preface of sorts. I thoroughly enjoyed myself the last time I attempted to write something on the fly like this, and a lot of people seemed to like L&S, so let's see if we can't get something similar going this time.

2 Comments:

Blogger PMK said...

Jesus tap-dancing christ, dude, you've only been working there what? 2 months?

Here's a title for your book; "I've got a fancy-shmancy British accent and they're throwing money at me"

Green? Moi?

12:10 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Michael, I enjoyed revisiting Lanterns and Shades. I remembered the story from the first time I read it and it holds up well.

Congratulations on the Target upgrade.

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home