Send via SMS

8.12.05

Drunk Driving

"I assure you I'm not, officer. I've only had a few ales."

One of the few truly kick-ass things about working for the Home Entertainment people is that it gives me the chance to a) rent games for free, and b) buy them at a reduced rate if I like them. This has, naturally, led to my game collection (much like my DVD collection) swelling at an exponential rate.

My latest rental (just a day after the almost shockingly disappointing Prince Of Persia: The Two Thrones) is Need For Speed: Most Wanted.

This isn't ordinarily my sort of game at all, but the rather suave combination of ace racing action, unique and interesting presentation, and (gasp) a reasonable and decently-acted story, make for a game that's as addictive as it is enjoyable to play. It's a bit like being in The Fast And The Furious without the handicap of having to be Paul Walker. And, like GTA: San Andreas (The Greatest Game Ever Made™), it's almost better when you're drunk.

So here's to Need For Speed: Most Wanted. B-movie story and acting, gameplay second in the genre only to the mighty Gran Turismo series, and the frankly irresistible opportunity to go up against the rozzers in a souped-up Lexus with half a bottle of Jack in your lap and a lit cigarette dangling from your lips. Damn near essential.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home